Monday, July 31, 2006

My Road to Being a Storm Fan Part 4

Several things have to be said about why I became a Storm fan. One major reason I did become a fan was the presence of www.stormfans.org, a fansite filled with an incredible wealth of information and things that I love like pictures and a forum. The forum, although I don't post often, has been my "home" for the past two years. It's a place where I go practically everyday to read Storm fans' interesting thoughts. It's a forum with people who are well-versed and intelligent, and I remember just being so impressed with how they'd express themselves, mostly diplomatically. As an international fan, the presence of a site like this increased my love for the Storm and it has helped me keep up with the team. It also helped me read about the other fans of the team, making me want to be a part of that group. In other words, without this site, I don't know if I would have kept my interest in the Storm long enough to foster it into what it is today. Check the site out. It's truly a fantastic place.

Another reason I love being a Storm fan is because of the great coverage on their official site. They put up their Stormvision segments, as well as doing a weekly podcast. This is another thing I'm extremely grateful for.


As a final word, I'd like to say that the Seattle Storm has captured my heart for a number of reasons. They play great basketball. Their players are approachable and are not conceited. They've got a group of incredible fans. They have fantastic coverage both in their local media and on their official site. They have a great organization behind them.

If someone asked me on the street if I was a Storm fan, I would grin proudly and say yes. Wholeheartedly. So check the Storm out and see why it is a great thing to attach yourself to. You won't regret it, just like I will never regret it ever.

No comments: