Monday, July 31, 2006

Picking university classes and university in general

Tomorrow is the big day. Actually, it's a day that I've been dreading for quite some time now. At 7:55 am EST, I have to be ready on my laptop, ready to beat every other Arts and Science freshman out for a spot in classes that I really want to be in. I don't even usually get up before 11 am. What's worst is that I forgot that the university had sent me a letter a few weeks back with cancellations and changes to classes and one of the classes I picked was actually cancelled. Thank God it was just a backup class anyway. So here's hoping I get up bright and early tomorrow morning without a finger cramp making it impossible for me to raise through the registering process.

My sister keeps telling me that I shouldn't worry about it because I'm only in my first year and if I don't get a class I like or need, then I can just take it next year or make up for it before my fourth year. She also says that first year students usually get more spots in classes anyway because they're bigger. Nevertheless, I think I've come to realize that I'm a control freak. I want everything under my control at all times. As such, here I am with my entire schedule and back up schedule and back up schedule to my first back up schedule posted to the table right beside me.

On another, less stressful note, I'm thinking of getting an on-campus job this year. First, I think the experience will be good for me to put on future applications and forms. Second, my parents are paying for my residence and my tuition fee without asking me to put in any money, so I figure I can help with my miscellaneous costs if I get a job. Finally, there's this thing going on next year called an international season ticket for the Seattle Storm and I don't want to ask my parents to do that for me since they get nothing from it. Time to start saving up.....

No comments: