Saturday, November 24, 2007

11/23--Duke Squeezes by Temple 64-53

Okay, my heart officially can't take this. I was ready to die when we needed a good push near the end of the first half to grab a lead into the locker room. I was ready to die somewhere in the second half when Temple had gotten close to us (and I'm not even sure if they tied it because I was frantic over here.)

Having said that, good on our players for buckling down and getting the job done. They didn't panic or throw in the metaphorical towel. They showed great poise and maturity, something I obviously did not have as I was squeezing my couch pillows to a pulp.

I didn't really formulate any coherent thoughts during the game, and I was too drained after it to think of some then, unfortunately. Gutty win by the Devils, but I'm still waiting for the real Duke to show up, please?

Abby Waner suited up, but according to Coach P, it's just part of her rehab to warm up before the game and during halftime and she wasn't really meant to play. I hope she gets on the court soon (again, UConn on Sunday anyone?) because we're really missing her out there. That being said, I'd rather not have her on Sunday than miss her for the rest of the year for ACC play which could happen if they try to rush her back just to win an early season game against UConn. So I'd love to have her back out there but only if she' s ready.

Top 5 Scorers:
Chante Black--13
Carrem Gay--13
Jasmine Thomas--11
Karima Christmas--8
Joy Cheek--6

Top 5 Rebounders:
Carrem Gay--12
Chante Black--4
Karima Christmas--4
Jasmine Thomas--3
Wanisha Smith--3

Top 2 Assists:
Wanisha Smith--4
Emily Waner and Jasmine Thomas--3

Top 2 Steals:
6 players with 1 steal each

Top Blocks:
Chante Black, Jasmine Thomas, Krystal Thomas--2
*I love point guards who can block. That's pretty darn cool*

Team Comparisons:
FG%
Duke 48.3% over Temple 32.7% (ahh, much better shooting)
3 PT %
Temple 27.3% over Duke 25% (And Abby is coming back when?)
Rebounds
Temple 42 over Duke 41
Assists
Duke 14 over Temple 6
Turnovers
Duke 11 over Temple 14

Worrying Stat of the Day
Oh God, the free throw shooting bugaboo is back! 7-20 from the line. This goes right under things that make you want to weep.

Attendance:
US Virgin Islands--NA

Next Game:
Sunday November 25 vs. UConn Huskies (Paradise Jam)

2007-2008 Duke Blue Devils Women's Basketball: 5-0

GO DUKE! (please put up a good showing against the Huskies)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sucky thing is, free throws are supposed to be the easy part. :/