Saturday, March 03, 2007

March 3--ACC Semifinals: Duke Falls to NC State 70-65

Well, the dream run has ended...for now. I am still extremely hopeful that Duke will get the National Championship in a few weeks.

I wasn't able to watch this game so I don't really know how it went in terms of momentum, etc. I did notice however some pretty bad shooting nights from our two seniors. Harding was 3-13 and Bales was 4-13. That means our most experienced players were 7-26. They shot about 27% from the field. Obviously, this was a factor in this game.

Anyway, I'm pretty disappointed that my team lost but I have a feeling they'll be able to bounce back from this. Now they CANNOT lose a single game. If there's any team that can do it, it's Duke.

I'm left wondering what Coach G said to her players after that game. I wonder if there was a lot of screaming or just positive reinforcement. :)

Top 5 Scorers:
Alison Bales--17
Abby Waner--17 (She shot a very good 6-9 from the field. Yay, the shooting's back I guess)
Lindsey Harding--10
Wanisha Smith--9
Joy Cheek--8

Top 5 Rebounders:
Alison Bales--7
Joy Cheek--5
Lindsey Harding--4
Wanisha Smith--4
Carrem Gay--3

Top 2 Assists:
Abby Waner--4
Lindsey Harding--4

Top 2 Steals:
Alison Bales--1
Lindsey Harding--1
(Very little steals this game. Maybe this was also a big factor since Duke usually breaks a game open with their transition game)

Top Blocks:
Alison Bales--3

No idea when or against whom the next game is. :( It will be the First Round of the NCAA tourney. Come on Devils, it's winning time again.
:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hah! Abby Waner RULEZ! I've always said so. ;)

Unknown said...

P.S. I'm sure the Blue Devils will get back to their winning streak. At least now the pressure's off them. :)