Tuesday, March 20, 2007

2nd Round NCAA Duke Escapes Temple 62-52

I was a little worried about the game and apparently, according to the message board I read, Duke wasn't very sharp in this game. On one hand, it's good to win when you aren't playing your best. It gives you more confidence going ahead. On the other hand, at this point of the season, after losing only once before the tourney, they really shouldn't be having bad nights at this point. Six games of absolute full throttle control. It's a little crazy because they won by 10 points, by no means a narrow escape. It's a double digit win against a Temple team that, in my opinion, has a lot of talent (while others may not hold this same opinion). But Duke has set the bar high this season with their racking up win after win after win. A performance like this seems subpar from them. Hopefully they can use this as motivation to play freakingly well for four more games. Starting to worry a little bit. Still though, I'm very proud of them for getting to the Sweet Sixteen. Good going. :)

Top 5 Scorers:
Lindsey Harding--18
Wanisha Smith--15
Carrem Gay--13
Abby Waner--8
Bales, Cheek--4

(and actually, that's it. Those are the only people who scored....)

Top 5 Rebounds:
Carrem Gay--10
Wanisha Smith--7
Alison Bales--6
Lindsey Harding--3
Joy Cheek--3

Top 2 Assists:
Lindsey Harding--4
Wanisha Smith--3

Top 2 Steals:
Wanisha Smith--4
A. Waner, Harding--2

Top Blocks:
Alison Bales--2

Okay, some things I'd like to see in the next round (and I'm praying I'll see)
1. Alison Bales with more blocks and a higher shooting percentage
2. Better shooting from Wanisha Smith
3. More steals! We used to have tons of steals...
4. Can someone please get over there and tell them to practice free throws? I'll cry if they end up losing a game because of missed free throws.

Anyway, go Blue Devils! I can't believe I missed the live stats thing for this game because of frigging economics class...how dumb is that. Then again, I would have been tearing my hair out...

No comments: