Friday, February 16, 2007

Feb. 15--Duke Blasts Boston College 73-52

Okay, I know I usually just put the stats in and leave it at that. And considering I had no access to this game whatsoever, I don't really have anything to say about the game. I WOULD like to say this though....

THIS BLUE DEVIL TEAM HAS ME SO STOKED!!!!

I'm a newbie Devil fan, really only coming on at the start of last year. I was more of a UConn fan before that. But man has this been fun. Maybe it's only the fact that they're undefeated. But I couldn't watch them at the start of the year and while I followed and supported them, it was from a little farther out. Then I FINALLY got to watch them and I LOVE the way they play. I wish they aired more games up here in Toronto. :(

Anyway, onto the game.

Top 5 Scorers:
Bridgette Mitchell--20 (Whoa, that's incredible)
Wanisha Smith--13
Carrem Gay--10
Alison Bales--9
Abby Waner--9

Top 5 Rebounders:
Bridgette Mitchell--10
Abby Waner--9
Carrem Gay--6
Alison Bales--5
Brittany Mitch--4

Top 2 Assists:
Wanisha Smith--7
Abby Waner, Lindsey Harding--3

Top 2 Steals:
Alison Bales--3
Carrem Gay--2

Top Blocks:
Alison Bales--6 (Okay, I can live again.)

And just on a sucky note, I subscribed to this special sports pack thing which gets me all forms of basketball possible here in Canada. Sometimes, when we're lucky, we get regional broadcasts of women's basketball games. So I was eagerly looking for the Duke--Maryland game and they didn't have it. Hello? How can we not have this?? Stupid waste of money...

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

No comments: