Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Duke Beats Premier Players 96-47

Finally, I'm back to this.

Anyway, since I have a lot of games to go through, I'll just post the key stats of the game and the key players.

Abby Waner's stat line was incredible tonight. 50% shooting from the floor for 16 points. She had 7 rebounds and 2 steals.

The rebounding was exceptional tonight with everyone doing their fare share of it. How about a 60-32 edge in rebounding for the Devils which included 27 offensive boards? Awesome. Carrem Gay and Alison Bales contributed 10 each to this effort.

Scoring was pretty even too. Abby and Ali each scored 16. Joy Cheek got 14, Lindsey Harding and Bridgette Mitchell got 13 and Wanisha Smith had 11.

Anyway, good solid game. Some of the young players (sophomores and freshmen) are really shining. I don't know if it's because it's lesser competition or what but they're certainly beginning to raise my hopes for the season.

No comments: