Tuesday, November 07, 2006

UConn Defeats Team Concept (And Sue) 101-87

Admittedly, I was much more into this game than the Blue Devils against Anderson. Can it be that I'm starting to enjoy UConn more once again? Or could it just be because Sue was in the game? Hmm...Anyway, this will be a first. I'll be doing the stats for a game with Sue in it but I won't be doing her stats. Interesting...not that I haven't digested it anyway. :) But this post is for the UConn Huskies who, in my opinion, handed in a spectacular performance (at least from what I could observe from live stats)

But as a quick side note, Sue did have seven assists. :) Okay, seriously, that's it.

Charde Houston had a monster game. A Freakishly Awesome Game. She shot 14-20 from the field (hello???) and ended up with 30 points, 19 frigging rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks and 6 steals. In 28 minutes. Yup. Okay, I never kept up with her stats before (only the final scores) but does she always do this? Because if she did....you know....there's a Storm uni waiting for her in 2008....

Tina Charles, yes the frosh, had a great game. She shot 8-14 from the field and had 16 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists, a block and a steal. Welcome to the Huskies. :) I wonder how much of a chance Duke had of nabbing her. :( I'd like those 13 rebounds on the Devils.

Renee Montgomery only had 9 points but she compensated with 6 assists (yes! Sue still beat her in that area :) sorry, I'm forever gonna compare them) She also had 3 rebounds.

Mel Thomas had 12 p0ints (on slightly atrocious 3 point shooting percentage), an assist and a steal. Ok, I think that maybe she can do better than that. Apart from her probably jacking up threes and missing most of them, she should have tried to get into other aspects of the game. I mean, she's one of the older ones on the team right? Hence, more experience.

Kalana Greene had 10 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists and a steal.

Tahirah Williams only played 6 minutes which seems a bit on the low side for an exhibition game. In those minutes, she managed to get 1 foul and 2 turnovers to her name. Ouch.

Ketia Swanier had 6 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists and a steal.

Jacquie Fernandes only played 3 minutes. She had 2 points and a rebound.

Meghan Gardler had 5 points and 2 rebounds in limited action

Kaili McLaren had 11 points and 11 rebounds along with an assist and a block.

Cassie Kerns had a rebound and an assist in 5 minutes of action.

My question for any UConn fan out there is: If this was only an exhibition contest, why did Geno skew his minutes so much with 3 of his players getting only from 3 to 6 minutes? It wouldn't really have mattered had he let them play would it and they lost? Hmmm....

No comments: