Monday, October 02, 2006

Subway accident

I was on my way home with my sister last Friday from a hockey game. By the way, it was a great hockey game. It was the Marion Hilliard tournament here at the U of T at Varsity Arena. I thought that we'd see the Varsity Blues but instead we saw the U of Ottawa against the U of Alberta. It was the first hockey game I've ever seen and it was fun even if I was freezing my butt off. It was free too so my sis and I were seated in the front row.

Anyway, on the way home, I was lugging my heavy laptop and my school bag. My sister had my laundry bag. We were entering the subway at Museum to get to Union. The people in front of us were taking soooo loooong getting into the train. Finally, when we were getting in already, the whistle came on signaling that the train doors were closing. I rushed in and the doors began to close. I quickly put my hands out to stop the doors. While doing this, my brain just shut down completely and my right foot fell into the gap between the subway and the platform. I thought I had just tripped so I tried to stand up. Instead, my foot was stuck. I heard people screaming behind me and these really nice girls were helping my sister keep the door open so that the train wouldn't move. I finally managed to yank it out after hours it seemed. It turns out it was more like five seconds. Anyway, I think I have a bone bruise now and it really hurts. Thankfully though it wasn't anything more serious.

Thank God for those nice girls that helped me out. Because of me, they weren't able to catch the train. I was wondering whether my pride or my ankle hurt more. After a few seconds, my ankle definitely won out.

:) Anyone know anything about the parliamentary system, please email me ASAP. Stupid Machiavelli report. It's supposed to be 15 minutes long but Machiavelli says about eight lines about it in The Prince. Anyway, I've realized I've got to spout some BS to stretch my report out.

2 comments:

kilcher said...

ice it up. hope your foot's alright. :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha! you know it's bad when even your blooper queen sister was able to avoid getting into such an accident! :D

*knock on wood*

*scared face at possibility of karma*

*knock on wood times ten*