Friday, September 01, 2006

Storm Withdrawal Symptoms

Ever since the Storm got knocked out of the playoffs, I've been suffering from Storm withdrawal symptoms. I can't seem to stay off the internet to get any new information on them, etc. This is going to be a looong ten months or so. There are, of course, the finals to pay attention to, but I am too lazy to post anything about them except maybe for the final result of the entire series. I should be worrying about moving into my residence this Sunday but I can't really get my mind off Storm basketball. This is bad, folks.

Anyway, some little Storm tidbits.

* Lauren Jackson was inducted into the Australian Institute of Sports' Hall of Fame. This is great news. Congrats to her.

* LJ also made it to the WNBA First Team. Go LJ! Sue didn't make it. :( At least next year she won't have too much pressure on her. I'm gonna look for her to completely bust out and make those voters believers again.

* I read the new issue of the Women's Basketball magazine and there is a Sue Bird article in it. It's a great article about her running the point this year for the US team. There's this great AD comment on Sue:

"She is who you would want your daughter to be. She looks like the All-American kid who is easy going and doesn't have a care in the world, but she wants to win every drill in practice. She's very friendly and a great teammate, but you don't see the edginess and competitiveness."

Great quote. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, just one year and they'll be back! Go Storm Go! :D