Thursday, August 03, 2006

USA team to Practice at Duke

How cool is this. Duke is my favourite college team and the USA team will practice there come September. Even cooler is that they will play an exhibition game against Australia at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Technically, if I go (crossing my fingers), I get to do three things I would absolutely die to do.

1.) I get to cheer on the US team with Birdy, Anne Donovan and Gail Goestenkors there.

2.) I get to cheer for the Australian team with Lauren Jackson. Heck, maybe I'd even wear my #15 jersey just to show her some love in NC.

3.) I get to see the Duke campus and the arena where they play. I love the Blue Devils, particularly Lindsey Harding and Abby Waner (I have a thing for guards), which I probably would never be able to do given that I have school and stuff when they play there.

It seems perfect. Heck, it is perfect. Unfortunately, there are a few things going against me here.

1.) It's frosh week at the University of Toronto. I'm not sure I want to skip the final two days of Frosh week to go to North Carolina to cheer at an exhibition game. I could, definitely, but then I'd waste the money I put in for the entire week of activities at the U of T.

2.) Money...Money...Money...Plane tickets aren't cheap, especially considering I'm only going to be there for about two days or something. I mean, I have to see which one I'd rather do. I could do this or I could save up money to purchase those season tickets next year.

3.) I hate airports. I don't even want to think about the hassle of going through those long lines with my Philippine passport. The last time I traveled to watch a basketball game, the guy behind the desk was glaring at me suspiciously because he couldn't believe I'd fly to Seattle just to catch a basketball game. Yeah, they'd be even less likely to believe I'm a Filipino living in Canada wanting to travel to the US to catch the US team in an exhibition game against Australia....Sure....

No comments: