Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Seattle Storm vs. Minnesota Lynx

Storm- 77
Lynx- 75

I think that this game was a lot closer than was expected. In fact, I'd say it was too close for comfort. Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled that the Storm won this game, but Minnesota is currently in last place in the West. It's not even like we were dominating the game from the beginning and they just managed to catch up at the end. It was more like they were leading pretty much the whole way even if it was only by a tiny margin. The Storm won on a miraculous three pointer by Betty Lennox which she hit after going 0 for 3 the whole game. A pair of Lauren Jackson freethrows helped the Storm eke out a win over the Lynx.

If I choose to be negative about this, I'd say that we should have blown them out or at least won by a comfortable margin. I'd say that they needed to play better defense because Minnesota shot incredibly well from the field.

However, I choose to be positive about this. A win is a win, after all, and San Antonio lost yesterday which gives us a bit of a cushion.

Apart from this, Betty Lennox got out of her funk starting from that last play in the LA game to hit the game winner (pretty much). It shows me, thankfully, that that little brain fart she may have had at the end of the other game has not diminshed her confidence, which will only bode well for the Storm in the next few games and even in the playoffs.

Lauren Jackson had another typically amazing LJ night with 20 points.

Sue Bird had 21 points, 7 assists and 3 rebounds. See, as a Storm fan, I'm ecstatic with a win. As a Birdy fan, however, I LIVE for games like these. Woohoo!!

Big contributions too from Iziane Castro-Marques and Janell Burse. I'm so happy JB is back. It just makes everything happening in the game more comfortable when Janell Burse is out on the floor. I think the Storm need her to be healthy the rest of the way now.

Next game is on Thursday against the Washington Mystics over at KeyArena.

GO STORM!!!

No comments: