Sunday, August 20, 2006

Damn WNBA Playoff Results August 20

Connecticut- 68
Washington- 65

* Don't know...don't care right now. I should have put something down before the Seattle game.

* Oh yeah, Connecticut wins.

* Connecticut vs. Detroit in the eastern conference finals

Los Angeles- 78
Seattle- 70

* On one hand, I should be glad that the Storm was the only lower seed to win one game. On the other hand, they lost this game in such an unbelievable way.

Let me break this down for you. Seattle was up by 7 at the end of the half. I thought, hmm...okay, Seattle is a mature and experienced team, they should be able to hold on and produce a sweep.

Let me also say that Sacramento is resting right now and IF we win Game 3, they'll have a major, major advantage over us. Lauren Jackson is going to have to play major minutes on Tuesday and then play again on Thursday, this time at home where they're under pressure to win.

Let me say, that we were outscored 26-15 in the third quarter. Unbelievable. Part of me is chastising myself for being so negative right now towards the team, but I can't help it. They let themselves lose this game because of their turnovers and ugly mistakes.

Now what? Sue Bird may have broken her nose again. Lauren Jackson is going to limp off the floor again, except this time there's no positives from a win cheering her up. Betty Lennox is battling some kind of injury. And, oh yeah, they have to play LA again on Tuesday when everyone else is resting.

I love this team, and no amount of negativity I am expressing here should get you to think otherwise. But this was dumb. I hope they win the next game, but they've given LA a chance now. In my opinion, they've dug their own grave. I just hope they stay out of it and push LA in instead.

I was so annoyed by what was happening, I actually started cursing in my head in Filipino.

I don't want to go into stats too much, but there's this one unforgivable stat. Lauren Jackson only had 4 shot attempts. What the fuck? Seriously.

On one hand, Betty Lennox scored the most points, which is good. On the other hand, she had more than double the shot attempts of everyone. She shot 7-19. I really shouldn't be criticizing her but this seems to me to be a reversal to the old Betty who just used to jack up shots.

Tanisha Wright: I'm sorry, but I'm thankful that she only had about 2 minutes on the floor (where she promptly turned the ball over).

As a Sue Bird fan, my mind is switching from being annoyed by the loss and being worried about her nose. Not again, please.

Anyway, game 3, for a berth in the Western Conference Finals is on Tuesday.

GO STORM! BEAT LA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Sue. It's like her nose is a magnet for flailing arms or something... ;) I found it funny, though, how the announcer said the Sue Bird DID block the shot--with her face... ;p

kilcher said...

i wasn't about to wake up. argh. i only caught the last two minutes of the game and was worried about the nose but i guess the loss didn't affect me that much because my mind was hazy with sleep.

i hope they come out big in game 3. come on. that was such a stupid way to lose. but still, go storm!