Thursday, August 17, 2006

WNBA Playoff Results August 17

Detroit-68
Indiana- 56

* Detroit wins on the road. Yikes, wake up Indiana. I'm cheering for Indiana all the way (see post entitled Detroit Thugs...umm Shock). The Shock just irk me. They won today though.

* If anyone else watched this game, can someone confirm just how empty the building looked. I mean, it SOUNDED loud, but there'd be heaps and heaps of empty seats. Indiana has been doing so well this year, but their attendance hasn't really increased. It's a little sad and frustrating because I think they have great players who can connect with the fans really well. I hope the attendance was a lot more than I guessed it to be. I mean, first round and it's the only game played at Indiana in the first round. Unless Indy fans expected them to advance to the second round, it should be packed.

* GO INDIANA!! Concentrate on that one game at Detroit first. Once you get that win, just take that momentum to the third game. On the bright side (for you guys only), the Storm won the first game against Houston last year and then lost the next two at home. Ugh...bad memories. Oh well, anything to get you guys to beat Detroit.

Sacramento- 93
Comets- 78

* Road win for Sacramento. Scary win as well. It was pretty much a blowout. Oh well, maybe the Storm would be more likely to win against Sacramento than Houston. IF we get past LA. I can't take this. Now I know why I never became an athlete. Too much stress and pressure.

* I didn't watch this game so I can't tell whether or not it was a well-attended game.

* I don't know who I'm rooting for here. This has heavy implications on us so I'm not trying to think about it. It's even dangerous to look ahead to the second round.

Detroit 1-0 Indiana
Connecticut 0-0 Washington

Sacramento 1-0 Houston
Los Angeles 0-0 Seattle

2 comments:

kilcher said...

detroit won? ugh. i like indy too, if only for tully. and i don't really like the shock also because of their thuggishness and what c.ford did to loz.

regarding the houston-sacto series, it looks like a pick your poison thing. i hope we can get over the l.a. roadblock so we can meet either houston or sacto.

argh, i'm already excited! go storm!

Jessica said...

during the detroit game, ford was acting like a big baby because a play wasn't drawn up for her. what a loser. the announcers said that detroit has "interesting personalities". =)

I hope Indy pulls this off. DeForge wasn't shooting well in the first half so I think they need her to shoot better and they'll be okay.